Before I started my skincare regime a couple of years ago, I spent many years washing my face with plain soap and water. I was just happy to have time and energy to wash my face every night with my busy schedule. There's nothing wrong with using plain soap and water, the most important thing is to always wash your face at the end of the day. Never sleep in makeup or with a dirty face. Always remove not only makeup but also the dust, sweat, etc., from each day's activities.
However, plain soap may be drying to most skin types.
Dry skin is the enemy if you are trying to avoid skin problems. Also, over the years we have learned how important "gentle exfoliation" is to the health of our skin.
Women have used everything from bare hands to wash cloths, sponges to brushes, to clean their faces. This system uses a "rotating brush".
Using this system as it comes in the box is really good. The Olay Pro X Advanced Cleansing System comes with a tube of Olay Anti-aging exfoliating renewal cleanser. The cleanser is gentle, but exfoliating. It did not dry out my skin and it felt really good.
The rotating brush was gentle, but it also cleaned more than any of my previous other methods.
Here are a few additional points to consider:
- Uses batteries: While I wish it were rechargeable, this is not a big deal. I have used the brush for over a year on one set of batteries. (Requires 2 AA batteries included in system)
- It has 2 speeds: You have a choice!
- The brush is water resistant: Great feature, no worries about getting it wet. I have occasionally used it in the shower when I was in a rush.
- The brush head is replaceable: After a year of use, I have not had to replace the brush head. This may be due to my habit of always rinsing it clean under running water after each and every use. I may replace yearly anyway...haven't decided, yet. 🙂
- Gentle enough to use everyday: You can use this every day, however, I only use it two to three times a week.
- Cost is very reasonable when compared to some other systems: The average cost is $30.
The cleaner your face, the better your moisturizers will be absorbed. However, treating your facial skin gently is very important. You don't want to use harsh brushes or systems that pull or push on your delicate facial skin.
My personal thoughts on this system? I love it!
What is your current skincare routine? What do you use to clean your face each night? Has that changed since you reached the age of 50? 60? 70+? If you have used the Olay Pro X Advanced Cleansing System, what are your thoughts on it?